Privacy Statement for AB Online
AB-Automation Stop (collectively “we” or “AB”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal info will be treated when you use or register on the AB Online site, speak to a member of our customer services or otherwise interact with AB.
What personal info do we collect?
AB collects personal info from you when you voluntarily provide your personal data to us or through your use of our website, for example:
- When you opted-in for our electronic mailings or registered for an account on a Site, This may include your name, contact details, and info about the company you work for.
- Transaction, billing and delivery info you purchase a product from us or contract with us for a solution or service.
- Records of your interactions with us. (e.g., if you send email feedback to our website, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance purposes.)
- When you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter a competition.
- We also automatically collect information your browser makes available whenever you visit a Site, through the use of commonly used tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the source of a Site visit. The domain name of the website you came from, number of visits, and pages viewed. Links, likes, comments, and shares clicked. Browser type, version and language, and/or the date and time of your query.
We also combine the personal data that we collect from different sources.
- From publicly available sources (for example, LinkedIn or corporate websites);
- When we have disclosed the collection and intended use to you in advance through this Policy or at the time of collection.
Our Use of Your Personal Data
We may use personal data that you provide to us for the following business, transactional, and marketing purposes:
- To fulfill your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- Administer our Sites and your account(s) (for registered users); analyze trends and improve functionality of our Sites.
- Contact you about a specific request or inquiry.
- Customize and personalize our Sites and selected third party websites to the preferences you have entered and personalize and improve your online experience, which may include matching and serving targeted advertisements about our products and services to make the info delivered more relevant to you. We utilize ad networks to display targeted digital advertisements on third party websites.
- For security purposes, investigate fraud and, where necessary, protect ourselves and third parties.
- Invite you to provide feedback or participate in customer surveys and better understand the nature and quality of the provision of our services.
- Use such information in the context of our overall customer relationship management (CRM).
The legal basis for using and processing your personal data are, as the case may be, your consent. The necessity for responding to inquiries. The performance of requested services. The entering into and performing of contracts and business transactions, and our legitimate business interests.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
We do not rent or sell your personal data to other companies or individuals. However, we may share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: With governmental and/or regulatory authorities where we are required by applicable law or pursuant to a court, administrative or similar order.
We take commercially reasonable steps to implement contractual safeguards and to promote that the third party companies mentioned above:
- Protect your personal data and keep it secure and confidential.
- Do not collect, use, or disclose your personal data for any purpose other than to perform such functions for us or on our behalf and in accordance with applicable privacy laws and our instructions.
- To not keep this information longer than is needed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyse the use of the website.
- To personalise our website for you (e.g. to show you product recommendations based on your previous purchases).
- To track you as you navigate our website, and enable the use of certain functionalities (e.g. add/remove products to and from the order basket, completing a purchase within checkout, etc.).
- To remember you when you return to our website (e.g. if you add products to the order form but decide not to complete a purchase during that visit, we save the order form reference number in a cookie so that we can retrieve it for your next visit).
- To show you advertisements on our website and third-party websites, based on browsing activity on our website.
What types of cookies do our websites use?
Our Website may use the following types of cookies, even in combination with one another:
Session cookies – these cookies are not permanently stored on the user’s computer and are canceled when the browser is closed, they are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the Website avoiding the use of other computer techniques potentially prejudicial to the privacy of users’ browsing.
Persistent cookies – this category includes cookies that remain stored on the hard disk of the computer until their expiration or cancellation by users/visitors. Through persistent cookies visitors who access the Website (or any other users using the same computer) will be automatically recognized at each visit. Visitors can set the computer’s browser in order to accept/refuse all cookies or to display a warning whenever a cookie is proposed, in order to evaluate whether to accept it or not. The user can, however, change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e., blocking them definitively), setting the highest level of protection.
Technical cookies – these are cookies used to authenticate oneself, enjoy multimedia content (as flash player) or allow the choice of navigation language. In general, it is therefore not necessary to acquire the prior and informed consent of the user. This also includes the cookies used to analyze statistically accesses/visits to the Website only if used exclusively for statistical purposes and through the collection of information in aggregate and anonymous form.
Non-technical cookies – these are all the cookies used for profiling and marketing purposes. Their use on Users’ terminals is prohibited if they have not been properly informed before and have not opted in to their use. These types of cookies are classifiable according to the functions they perform in:
1. Analytics cookies – these are cookies used to collect and analyze statistical information on accesses/visits to the website. In some cases, they may be associated with other information such as credentials entered in order to access restricted areas (your e-mail address and the password), they can be used to profile the user (personal habits, websites visited, contents downloaded, types of interactions carried out, etc.).
2. Widgets – this category includes all those graphic components of a user interface program that are intended to facilitate the user in interacting with the program. For example: Facebook, Google+ and Twitter cookies are widgets.
3. Advertising – this category includes cookies used to advertise within a website. Google and Tradedoubler fall within this category.
4. Web beacons (or tracking pixels) – within this category are code fragments that allow the transfer or collection of information by requesting a graphic image. They can be used for different purposes, such as the analysis of the use of websites, control activities and reporting on advertising, advertising and content customization. Web beacons can also be integrated in the e-mails that the user receives from the manager of a website, allowing to collect information about the exact time the message was read, the number of times it was read and the IP address of the computer from which the e-mail was opened.
How long we retain your data
We retain your personal data in our active systems as long as you have accessed or used our Sites and services or have interacted with us online or offline over the past twelve months, and as long as we may need the information for the purposes described in this Policy. Beyond this period, we archive your personal data in a secure environment or delete it.
What rights you have over your data
Under applicable privacy laws, you have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, such as rights of information about and access to your personal data, rights to rectify your personal data, rights to reject or restrict certain processing, rights to delete your personal data and rights to be forgotten.
You can also request for the exercise of those rights by contacting us using the below Contact Us information or through the Contact Us form that is accessible at the top of each page within the rockwellautomation.com domain.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the current legislation, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Authority for the alleged infringement of your rights with respect to the use of your personal data.